Golden Beet and Broccoli Frittata
There’s nothing like cracking an egg and seeing a bright orange yolk on the inside. It’s a sign of a healthy chicken and a delicious egg. We prefer our eggs pasture raised and combined with fresh vegetables. This recipe will catapult your normal morning eggs into another level of healthy deliciousness.
Golden Beet & Broccoli Frittata
- 2 tbsp Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
- 1 red onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 red jalepeno or fresno pepper sliced
- 2 large golden beets sliced into thin wedges
- 1 bunch broccolini chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 oz feta cheese sliced into wedges
- Handful fresh parsley or other fresh herbs
- Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray for greasing skillet
- 1 bunch arugula for serving
Preheat the oven to 350F.
In a large sauté pan or cast iron skillet, heat the avocado oil over medium-low heat and add the onion, garlic, and chili pepper, and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Add the beets and broccolini and sauté for 5 minutes, until bright and lightly tender. Transfer the veggies to a plate or bowl and set aside.
*The frittata keeps well in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.