Grilled Pineapple & Toasted Coconut Sundae
Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pineapple, cut into rounds
- 1 pint vanilla bean ice cream
- 2 oz spiced or dark rum (optional)
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- On a baking sheet, spread the coconut in a single layer and pop in the oven. Using a timer (super important, coconut burns easily), stir the coconut every 5 minutes until it turns a nice golden brown.
- Remove the toasted coconut from the oven and allow it to cool to room temperature. Move to an airtight container so you can store any extra in the pantry.
- Prep the pineapple rounds and with a small cookie cutter or knife, making sure to discard the cores.
- If using the rum, place the pineapple and spiced rum in a reusable airtight bag and marinate for about one hour. If not, you can skip this step.
- Preheat your grill at about 450°F.
- Grill the pineapple for a minute and then rotate 45 degrees to get criss-crossing grill marks. Flip and repeat this process.
- Serve the grilled pineapple on a platter and top with vanilla ice cream and toasted coconut.