Guajillo-Pasilla Grilled Prawns
Get ready to fire up that grill! These Guajillo-Pasilla Grilled Prawns are an easy, quick and flavorful summer cookout recipe. Guajillo-Pasilla Simmer Sauce spices up this marinade adding the perfect amount of savory, smokey flavors for a zesty, mouth-watering combo.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 2 lbs prawns, shell on and halved
- 4 limes, 1 juiced and 3 sliced for garnish
- 1/3 cup Chosen Foods Guajillo-Pasilla Chili Simmer Sauce
- 2 tbsp Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp parsley, minced
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- In a medium bowl, combine simmer sauce, juice of one lime, garlic, parsley, avocado oil and honey to make the marinade. Set aside.
- Prep and clean the prawns, removing the legs and head. With a sharp knife, cut an incision along the back of the prawn and butterfly the prawn without cutting through the shell.
- Skewer the butterflied prawns with 2 skewers to stabilize them and make it easier for the grilling portion.
- Brush the marinade on both sides and grill for a minute on the shell and then flip them and grill for another 30 seconds to a minute to get the grill marks.
- Carefully remove the cooked Guajillo-Pasilla shrimp from the skewers and place on a platter. Squeeze some fresh lime juice on top and serve hot with leftover lime wedges as a garnish.