A natural pairing, honey and roasted sesame come together in this Honey Sesame Trail Mix.
Honey Sesame Trail Mix
- 3 cup nuts soaked 4 hours (use your favorites)
- 1 cup pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tbsp Chosen Foods 100% Pure Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup dried fruit chopped (cranberries, cherries, or apricots work well)
- 2 tbsp Chosen Foods Toasted Sesame Oil
Preheat the oven to 375Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
Add the soaked nuts, seeds, honey, avocado oil, sea salt, and ground ginger to a food processor. Pulse until everything is roughly chopped and the honey is mixed throughout, about 15 pulses. Add the sesame seeds and pulse a few times to incorporate.
Pour the mix out onto the lined sheet pan and spread it out evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes, removing the pan halfway through to toss the trail mix. It’s done when the nuts are lightly golden.
Remove the pan from the oven and add the dried fruit and Roasted Sesame Oil. Toss well and leave it to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.