Introducing our Kale & Pepitas Skillet Frittata, a delicious and wholesome breakfast or brunch option that is as tasty as it is simple! This nutrient-packed frittata is filled with vibrant kale, crunchy pepitas, manchego, and cheddar. What sets it apart is the use of Chosen Foods 100% Pure Avocado Oil, as its neutral taste allows the other ingredients to shine. Avocado oil also contains good fats adding a nutritious boost to this morning delight!
Kale & Pepitas Skillet Frittata with Chosen Foods
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
- 3 tablespoons Chosen Foods 100% Pure Avocado Oil, divided
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup manchego, grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup parsley, loosely packed, chopped
- 10 sprigs thyme, removed from stems
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and saute until slightly softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, 1 minute. Add in kale, carefully folding into the shallot and garlic until thoroughly wilted, about 5 minutes. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Push kale to one side of the skillet and add pepitas. Toast, stirring constantly, for about 30 seconds until slightly fragrant and fold into the kale. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add eggs and milk. Whisk until smooth, then stir in the manchego, cheddar, parsley, thyme, and remaining salt and pepper. Fold in the kale and pepitas mixture.
- Return the skillet to the stove on medium heat. Add remaining oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add egg mixture and cook, using a spatula to scrape along the bottom and edges of the pans as curds form and the frittata begins to set, about 5 minutes. Transfer skillet to the pan and bake until the center is just barely set, 20-25 minutes.
- Remove skillet from the oven and let rest for about 5 to 10 minutes before cutting and serving.