Kelp Noodle Salad with Avocado-Pistachio Pesto
Switch up your standard salad with kelp noodles and our avocado-pistachio pesto recipe to enjoy a nutty, refreshing flavor on your daily greens. Play around with additional toppings to make the recipe your own and impress your dinner guests with this unique mix of garden offerings.
- ½ cup shelled pistachios
- 1 avocado pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 3 cups packed basil leaves plus a handful of leaves for garnish
- ½ tbsp red chili pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup Chosen Foods 100% Pure Avocado Oil
- 1 12 oz package kelp noodles rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale ribs removed and thinly shredded
- ¼ head red cabbage cored and thinly shredded
- 3 ears corn raw kernels shaved off the cob
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes halved
- Chia seeds
- Hemp hearts
- Crunchy chickpeas
In the bowl of a food processor, combine the pistachios, 1/2 the avocado, garlic, nutritional yeast, basil, chili flakes, and salt. Process until the nuts and basil leaves are finely chopped and well combined into the mixture. With the food processor running, slowly drizzle in the avocado oil until a bright green pesto forms.
Transfer mixture to a small bowl or airtight container and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl toss the kelp noodles, kale, cabbage, corn, and tomatoes with the pesto to coat. Optional, squeeze in a splash of fresh lemon juice if desired. Transfer the kelp salad to serving plates and add the sliced avocado, and basil leaves to top. Sprinkle with optional toppings. Serve right away or chilled.
This salad will keep well in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.