Marinated Flank Steak Fajitas Recipe
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Marinate: overnight or minimum 1 hour
Flank steak—a long, moderately tough cut of beef—is a real treat when cooked perfectly. Popular in stir frys and often used for beef jerky, this lean meat is best when marinated and cooked medium rare. For this fajita recipe, we’ve paired it with sliced peppers, onions, guacamole, and our Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing.
- 1 bottle of Chosen Foods Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing
- 2 pounds flank steak or skirt steak
- 3 bell peppers (green, yellow, or red), thinly sliced
- ½ white onion, sliced thin
- ½ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Optional toppings: tortillas, salsa, cheese and Chosen Foods Avocado Tomatillo Salsa
- Marinate flank steak in ½ cup Chosen Foods Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing for a minimum of 1 hour or, better yet, overnight. Remove it from fridge 30 minutes before cooking.
- In a sauté pan or cast iron skillet on medium-high heat, fry the steak for 3-5 minutes on each side (depending on your desired internal temperature). 3 minutes on each side will yield a medium rare doneness. You can also do this step on the BBQ if preferred.
- Remove the steak from the pan and allow it to rest for several minutes.
- While the meat is resting, add ¼ cup ACV dressing to the pan then sauté onions and bell peppers over medium heat until soft, about 5-7 minutes. Cut the meat into thin slices and add it to the pepper onion mixture to warm and mix.
- Serve with tortillas and all your favorite toppings.