Marinated Lemon Garlic White Beans on Toast
Beans on toast is often thought of as a British recipe, but it’s also quintessentially Mediterranean. The contrast of crisp sourdough toast with soft white beans is so comforting, but add in kale, Parmesan cheese, and flaked salt, and you have a healthy breakfast or lunch recipe you’ll want to eat every day.
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 15-ounce can of white beans (or any beans)
- 1/2 bottle of Chosen Foods Lemon Garlic Dressing
- ¼-½ cup kale, chopped thin
- 4 pieces sourdough toast, sliced
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Flakey salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, mix the beans, dressing, and kale and warm for 3-5 minutes, or until kale is wilted. While the beans are warming, toast your bread.
- Pour the bean mixture onto toasted bread and top with parmesan, flakey salt, and pepper.