What's our secret to amazingly tender and savory barbecued ribs, you ask? A top notch rub and our Classic Avocado Oil Mayo of course! So fire up the grill and get ready to devour some incredibly delicious ribs, made the Chosen Foods way. Our grilled BBQ ribs pair great with our cranberry kale slaw with dressing recipe & grilled corn-on-the-cob.
Mayo with Avocado Oil Rubbed Barbeque Ribs
Total Time: 3.5 hours
- 2 racks baby back pork ribs (3-4 lbs)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp espresso beans, finely ground
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- ½ cup Chosen Foods Classic Avocado Oil Mayo
- ½ cup your favorite BBQ sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to 275°F.
- Pat the ribs dry with a paper towel. If your ribs have a membrane remove it using a paper towel and a butter knife. Then set aside while you make the rub.
- Make the rub by mixing all dry spices, including salt, sugar and espresso, in a bowl.
- Place one large sheet (2’-3’ long or long enough to cover the ribs on both sides) of aluminum foil under each rib rack. Spread the mayo evenly over both sides of each rack. Then sprinkle each side with dry rub until all sides are coated.
- Wrap the ribs in the aluminum foil by folding the sides up (make sure they are fully covered) and place them on a large baking sheet. Bake for 3 hours.
- Check the ribs by inserting a small knife, the meat should be tender. Once tender, pull them out of the oven and allow ribs to rest 5-8 minutes in the foil.
- Remove the foil, fire up the grill on high heat and grill the racks, meat side down for about 3-4 minutes (until caramelized). Flip them, heat another 3-4 minutes while carefully pouring or brushing on your favorite BBQ sauce. Remove carefully from the grill and enjoy!