We take classic corn on the cob back to our roots with the tangy, sweet and spicy flavors of Mexico. This recipe is easy and perfect for your next sun-drenched afternoon BBQ.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 ears of corn, keep the husk on
- ⅓ cup Classic Avocado Oil Mayo
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice, about 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika or chile powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup roughly chopped cilantro for topping
- Crumbled cotija or vegan cheese for topping (optional)
- Prep your corn, in husk, by soaking in cold water for 15 minutes to make sure they don't burn too much on the grill.
- Meanwhile in a medium-sized bowl whisk together the mayo, lime, chile powder and salt.
- Prep the cilantro and cheese and set aside.
- Heat your grill to medium heat.
- Place corn on the grill, unhusked, with the grill top closed for 8 minutes flipping halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- The husk will be browned and hot, and you will carefully peel back the husk (remember it's hot) and cook again for a couple of minutes (about 3) each side to get the nice grill marks on it.
- Remove from the grill and spread the mixture all over the cooked corn.
- Garnish with cilantro, cheese, a sprinkling of chili powder, and lime wedges.
All recipes adapted from The Mexican Keto Cookbook. Copyright © 2019 by Torie Borrelli. Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC.