Mexican Salsa Salad
- 1 15 oz can organic black beans
- 2 cup organic frozen corn
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- ½ red onion chopped small
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ jalapeño
- 4 oz crumbled Mexican queso seco or feta cheese
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ¼ tsp dried oregano crushed
- Pinch of ground cumin
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
Prepare the dressing by combining all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk well until smooth and set aside for later.
Drain and rinse the black beans. Add them to a large bowl. Thaw the corn by running under room temperature water. Drain them well and add the kernels to the bowl.
Add the tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion, garlic, and cilantro. Remove the ribs and seeds from the jalapeño and chop very small. Add the jalapeño and mix everything together well.
Pour the dressing in and stir. Move the salad to a serving bowl and top with the crumbled queso seco.