Orange, Squash, and Cacao Nib Salad
The quintessential fall flavor of delicata squash steals the show in this sweet and savory salad. Your kitchen will smell like Thanksgiving Day as it roasts in the oven, but you won't need to unbutton your pants after this meal. We've created a salad that is as healthy as it is rich and comforting.
- 1 delicata squash seeded and sliced into ½- thick rings– no peeling necessary!
- Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray for coating squash
- 1 inch orange peeled and cut into 1- pieces
- 1 bunch frisée cored and dark green leafy ends trimmed
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 2 sprigs rosemary stemmed and roughly chopped (optional)
- 3 tbsp Chosen Foods 100% Pure Avocado Oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp honey
- ¼ tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp cacao nibs plus a little more for sprinkling
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the delicata squash rings on the pan, lightly spray the squash with the avocado oil spray, and toss to coat. Spread the squash slices out in a single layer and roast for 30 minutes, flipping at the halfway point, until lightly golden on the edges.
While the squash is roasting, assemble the salad and make the dressing: Combine the chopped oranges, frisée leaves, and mixed greens in a large bowl and set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together the rosemary, avocado oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, cacao powder, cacao nibs, and season with salt and pepper.
To serve, top the salad bowl with the roasted squash, pour over the dressing, and toss until evenly coated. Transfer to plates, sprinkle with chia seeds and cacao nibs and enjoy right away.