Muhammara Red Pepper Simmer Sauce—with fire-roasted red pepper and tomato, pomegranate, Aleppo pepper, cumin and allspice—infuses the complexity of Middle Eastern cuisine into everything it touches. In this recipe, Muhammara baked chicken meets the coolness of creamy cucumber salad, dressed with a blend of herbs, Greek yogurt, and our Avocado Oil Mayonnaise.
Total Time: Prep 30 minutes + 25 minutes cooking time
IngredientsFor the chicken:
- 1 jar of Chosen Foods Muhammara Simmer Sauce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
For the cucumber parsley mayo salad:
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt (if dairy-free, omit and use mayo instead)
- ¼ cup Chosen Foods Classic Avocado Oil Mayo
- ½ lemon juice, plus 1-2 tablespoons of zest
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cucumber (about 1 large)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional Toppings: Feta cheese, pita or flatbread, turmeric rice, lentils or garbanzos.
- In a bowl, toss the chicken with Muhammara Simmer Sauce to evenly coat, then set in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes. You can also do this step the night before.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a pyrex dish for cooking. Arrange the marinated chicken in a single layer and top with the cherry tomatoes.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through (internal temperature should be 165°F). If you want the chicken crispy, broil for a couple of minutes at the end.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix the Greek yogurt, mayo, lemon, lemon zest, parsley, salt, garlic powder, and cucumber in a small bowl and set aside.
- Serve the chicken with cucumber salad, toasted pita, turmeric rice, lentils, or garbanzos. Top with feta cheese if desired.
All recipes adapted from The Mexican Keto Cookbook. Copyright © 2019 by Torie Borrelli. Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC.