Pan Seared Tofu Steak Sandwich
Time: 15 min
- 4 multigrain bread slices, toasted
- Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 2 cups oyster mushrooms, roasted or sautéed
- ½ cup Chosen Foods Vegan Mayo
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp green onion, cut into rounds
- 2 pinches salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Drain tofu and cut into 6 “steaks." Pat them dry with a clean kitchen towel and add them to a sauté pan over low-medium heat. Pan fry for about 5-6 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- While the tofu is cooking, make the vegan dressing. Add the vegan mayo to a small bowl with the green onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix until well incorporated and set aside.
- Slice the multigrain bread, spray it with avocado oil, and toast lightly.
- Place the toasted bread on a cutting board and spread the dressing lightly over it. Next for the sandwich, layer on the crispy fried tofu steaks, mushrooms, more dressing, and top piece of toast.
- Cut in half and enjoy hot!