For years, we’ve agonized over how to elevate the humble chocolate chip cookie. Now, the answer is clear: Make it bigger, infuse it with the cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice essences in our Pumpkin Spice Spray, and top it with vanilla bean ice cream. This recipe is pure bliss in a skillet.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
Pumpkin Spice Skillet Cookie with Chocolate Chips
- Chosen Foods Pumpkin Spice Avocado Oil Spray
- 2 cups almond flour or flour of choice
- ½ cup monk fruit or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cacao powder (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- Ice cream of choice for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place a 10-inch cast iron skillet into the oven and let it preheat for about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, pumpkin, egg, vanilla, baking powder, melted butter, salt, cacao, and cinnamon until a dough forms. Add in half the chocolate chips and mix.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and spray the entire inside of the pan with Pumpkin Spice Spray. Pour in the batter and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top.
- Cool slightly before slicing or serve warm with a scoop of ice cream on top.
Note: If you don't have a cast iron skillet, you can do this on a baking sheet or in a Pyrex dish.