Craving a lively, umami-rich Caesar salad but without the extensive preparation of a homemade dressing? This "quick Caesar" is one recipe you can keep on hand for any #WFH lunch hour or low-effort, high-flavor dinner.
Quick Caesar Salad
- 1 small lemon, sliced
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- ¼ tsp salt
- 5 turns fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup croutons
- ½ cup Chosen Foods Caesar Dressing and Marinade
- ½ cup Parmigiano Reggiano or Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- Slice half of the lemon into thin rounds and reserve the other half to juice over the lettuce.
- On a large platter, spread the lettuce evenly and add lemon rounds. Juice the remaining lemon onto the lettuce, then dust it with a sprinkling of salt and freshly ground pepper. Gently crush croutons to top the salad.
- Drizzle the Caesar dressing and sprinkle a thin layer of grated hard cheese.