A classic American salad made healthful with Chosen Food Roasted Sesame Oil, fresh lime juice, and a barely noticeable lack of wonton strips. Surprise your friends with this more-delicious-than-the-original salad at your next summer pool party.
Roasted Sesame Chinese Chicken Salad
Crisp cabbage, carrots, and roasted almond slivers give this salad a satisfying crunch. Pure tamarind paste takes the place of traditionally used hoisin sauce (full of both soy, gluten, and often MSG), giving this flavorful dressing a sweet and tangy kick.
For the dressing
- ¼ cup Chosen Foods Roasted Sesame Oil
- ½ lime juiced
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp pure tamarind paste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
For the salad:
- 1 lb chicken shredded (leftovers work great!)
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped
- ½ head of napa cabbage chopped
- 3 carrots sliced or peeled thin
- ¼ head of red cabbage sliced thin
- 1 cup roasted sliced almonds
- 1 avocado chopped
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 2 sprigs mint chopped fine
Prepare the dressing by combining all ingredients in a shaker jar and shake well until the tamarind paste is fully incorporated (or in a small bowl with a whisk and a lot of forearm strength).
Assemble the salad by tossing all ingredients together in a large bowl. Chopping the crunchier veggies thin (cabbage & carrotwill make the salad easier to eat. Add dressing and toss well. Serve immediately.