These crispy, spiced sweet potatoes are divinely delicious when savored hot out of the oven over a creamy, zesty yogurt sauce infused with fresh lime. Toasted pepitas and cilantro deliver nutty and fresh notes and textures to bring the whole recipe together. Enjoy as a side dish or appetizer.
Total Time: 1.5 hours
Yields: 6 servings
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Cumin Chili Powder and Yogurt Sauce
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cut horizontally (about 4 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons Chosen Foods 100% Pure Avocado Oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1.5 cups plain full-fat yogurt or crème fraiche
- 1 jalapeño, finely grated on thinly chopped
- 3 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 3 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons toasted pepitas
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. In a bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with avocado oil, 1 teaspoon salt, cumin and chili powder. Roast the sweet potatoes on a parchment-lined baking sheet, turning halfway through, until tender and browned (about 45-60 minutes).
- Combine the yogurt, jalapeño, zest, and lime juice in a medium bowl; season with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Spread the yogurt on a platter and arrange the sweet potatoes on top. Finish with toasted pepitas, cilantro, sea salt, and a drizzle of oil.
All recipes adapted from The Mexican Keto Cookbook. Copyright © 2019 by Torie Borrelli. Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC.