Let’s Talk History
Roasted Tomatillo Salsa
- 2 Fresno chiles
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 1 serrano pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 cups small tomatillos, washed and husked
- Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray
- 1 tsp salt
- Pre-heat your broiler while you prepare the vegetables.
- To break down the chiles and peppers, discard the tops and split them down the middle. (Note: All peppers can be substituted for peppers with the amount of heat you feel most comfortable with.)
- Cut the onion into thick slices and peel the garlic cloves.
- On a clean roasting pan, spray avocado oil, add the prepared vegetables to the pan, and sprinkle them with salt evenly.
- Broil for 5 minutes, then toss and flip the peppers and tomatillos. They should be blistering and charred. Broil for another 5-7 minutes, then remove from the oven. Allow the vegetables to continue cooking on the hot tray as they release their juices for about 10 minutes.
- Use a spatula to add all the vegetables to a blender. Blend on low for 3-4 minutes to get a chunky salsa, or increase the speed for a smoother consistency.
- Taste and adjust salt if needed. Enjoy with corn chips!