This thin crust pizza, topped with creamy mozzarella, prosciutto, peppery arugula, and the saucy blend of fire roasted tomatoes and peppers in our Spanish Romesco Simmer Sauce, makes the perfect weekend lunch or dinner. Follow the recipe or get creative with the ingredients. You can’t go wrong!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 4-6 servings
Spanish Romesco Flatbread with Mozzarella, Arugula & Prosciutto
- 1 jar Chosen Foods Spanish Romesco Simmer Sauce
- 1 flatbread or pizza dough of choice: You can make from scratch, buy a fresh dough from a store such as Trader Joes, or buy a GF box mix (like from Simple Mills).
- 4-6 slices prosciutto (can sub Italian sausage or leave out for vegetarian)
- 1/4 red onion, thin slices
- 2-3 balls of fresh mozzarella or 8 ounces of shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup arugula for topping
- Heat the oven to the recommended baking temperature for your specific crust.
- Follow the instructions on the crust or mix package. If using a traditional dough, cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and a little flour, avocado oil spray, or cornmeal to prevent sticking. Then stretch the dough onto a baking sheet using your hands to create a thin crust.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the simmer sauce on top of the dough. Place the onion, prosciutto and cheese on the sauce.
- Bake the pizza on the baking sheet for about 12-15 minutes, or until slightly bubbling and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with arugula leaves.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let cool 2 minutes before cutting into slices.
- Top with a little olive oil and chili flakes.
All recipes adapted from The Mexican Keto Cookbook. Copyright © 2019 by Torie Borrelli. Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC.