Torie’s Chopped Salad
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups leafy greens chopped (arugula, romaine, spinach, Swiss chard, kale, or a mix)
- 2 pastured-raised eggs, medium-boiled, chopped or halved
- 4 ounces wild skipjack tuna (Wild Planet it sustainable) or smoked wild salmon or other canned fish or cooked chicken, separated into pieces
- 1⁄2 avocado, cubed
- Handful of sunflower seeds, pepitas, or walnuts
- 1⁄4 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 radishes, chopped or thinly sliced
- Handful of crumbled feta or goat cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fermented or pickled veggie of choice (optional)
- Your favorite Chosen Foods Dressing- we like the lemon garlic and ranch
1. To make the salad: In a large bowl, combine the greens, eggs, fish, and avocado with the nuts, seeds, cucumber, radish, and fermented veggie. Add cheese (if using) and mix together until well combined.
2. To make the quick dressing: Use a whisk or immersion blender to blend together the avocado, oil, apple cider vinegar, herbs, and salt until smooth and creamy. Toss the salad with the dressing and serve.
Note: I often assemble this salad the night before and put it in mason jars, then I toss the dressing in right before I eat. The fat and protein in this salad keep me full until dinner.
All recipes adapted from The Mexican Keto Cookbook. Copyright © 2019 by Torie Borrelli. Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC.