Zesty Avocado Hummus
Once upon a time, guacamole met hummus. They fell in love (err... the food processor) and the rest is history! Zesty Avocado Hummus combines Mediterranean heritage with a Baja state of mind, so every bite is a beautiful marriage of flavors. Think: Cinco de Mayo on the shores of Santorini. Now that’s bliss! Follow our original recipe below.
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 can organic garbanzo beans (15.5 oz)
- 1 lime, juiced (3-4 tbsp)
- 3 tbsp Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
- 1½ tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 green onions
- ¼ bunch cilantro
- ½ jalapeño pepper
- In a food processor, add the avocados, garbanzo beans, lime juice, avocado oil, salt and pepper, green onions, cilantro, and jalapeño pepper.
- Process on high for about 4-5 min. Remove the lid and run the spatula over the sides of the food processor. Taste and take note of consistency. If necessary, adjust with a touch of oil and/or lime juice.
- Serve with raw veggies, chips, pita, or dipping items of your choice.