Pan Seared Salmon and Vegetables: A One-Pan Family Dinner
We’ve partnered with GreenPan to bring you a healthy family meal made in a single pan. It doesn’t get easier than this!
Salmon and vegetables is certainly in the running for one of the most delicious and nutritionally balanced meals around, wouldn’t you agree? Slow-digesting carbohydrates meet lean protein and the healthy omega fatty acids in fish, plus monounsaturated fats from Chosen Foods high-oleic avocado oil. Ready in just 25 minutes with minimal cleanup, we think this’ll be one for your recipe bookmarks.
Time: 25 minutes
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced small
- ½ red onion, diced small
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, shaved
- Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- Fresh ground pepper
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 4 6-oz salmon fillets
- ½ lemon
- In a large bowl, add sweet potato, red onion, cherry tomatoes, Brussels sprouts, and 1 tablespoon avocado oil. Gently toss the vegetables with ½ teaspoon of salt, fresh ground pepper, chili flakes, and smoked paprika.
- Heat a 12” GreenPan on medium heat and add the veggies once the pan is hot. Sauté for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes. Once the veggies are cooked through but still al dente, place them in a bowl and cover them.
- Rinse and pat dry the salmon fillets. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Place your now empty GreenPan over medium-high heat and add 1 teaspoon of Chosen Foods Avocado Oil. Once the oil's hot, add the salmon fillets to the hot pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes on the presentation side (top side) first. Flip the fillets carefully and cook for another 3 minutes.*
- Plate your salmon over a bed of pan roasted vegetables. Top each plate with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and enjoy!
*Cooking times may vary with the thickness of the fillets.
introduced the world to a healthy nonstick coating in 2007. Since then, they’ve been a leader in cookware innovation. GreenPan technology draws upon sand, not plastic, making it possible to cook free of PFAS, PFOA, lead, and cadmium based chemicals. Cooking with GreenPan is the easiest way to prevent contamination of your home cooked meals, and thus, your body.