Pan-Seared Salmon over Purple Cauliflower Purée
This recipe has it all—crispy salmon, purple cauliflower puree, fresh greens, citrus and quinoa. Ready in minutes, it's the perfect summer lunch or light dinner. Our 100% pure avocado oil adds a serving of heart-healthy, monounsaturated fats.
Course: Lunch, Dinner
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 8 (6 oz) salmon fillets, responsibly farmed, skin on
- Chosen Foods® Avocado Oil
- Baby arugula
- Micro amaranth
- 1 C cooked quinoa
- 2 cara cara orange supremes
- 1 grapefruit supremes
- ½ C pepitas
- 1 head of purple cauliflower
- 2 medium apples (Gala, Pink Lady, McIntosh)
- 1/3 C Chosen Foods® Avocado Oil
- 1 large lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss cauliflower florets with kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, and Chosen Foods® Avocado Oil, transfer to a lined sheet tray and roast at 400°F until tender. Set aside to cool down. Leave the oven on.
- Peel apples and cut into slices, steam or boil until tender. Place roasted cauliflower and steamed apples into a blender with some of the cooking liquid and puree, slowly adding the avocado oil until smooth. Lastly, add the lime juice and adjust seasoning. Keep warm.
- Pat dry salmon fillets and season both sides with salt and pepper. Pour 2 tbsp of Chosen Foods® Avocado oil on a pre-heated skillet over med-high heat. Cook flesh-side first, then flip fillets after a couple of minutes. Finish in the oven until filets reach the desired doneness.
- To serve, add a dollop of the cauliflower puree and smear on each warm plate with the back of a clean spoon. Serve petite citrus salad on the side and top with perfectly cooked salmon fillets.
If you enjoyed this recipe, we think you might also enjoy our Smoked Salmon Smorrebrod recipe.