Complete the meal with: Pumpkin Chili
- Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray or Pumpkin Spice Spray
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup almond milk or regular milk
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 ½ cups fine cornmeal
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour of choice
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spray your baking dish with Pumpkin Spice Spray (or avocado oil spray) to coat the bottom and slides of your 8x8 glass baking dish or 9-inch cast-iron skillet.
- In your wet bowl, mix together pumpkin purée, maple syrup, eggs, milk, and avocado oil.
- In your dry bowl, mix the cornmeal, salt, flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet bowl. Stir with a spatula until blended.
- Pour mixture into the oiled dish and bake for 30 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Serve with butter and honey.