Pumpkin and chili are twin flames; they’re hearty, heartwarming, and most appreciated in autumn. Our new Pumpkin Spice Chili recipe arrives just in time for October alongside a recipe for Pumpkin Cornbread. Share these fall sensations with loved ones and friends over a campfire, a movie night, or good conversation.
Pumpkin Spice Chili
Time: 30 minutes
Complete the meal with: Pumpkin Cornbread
- Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray or Pumpkin Spice Spray
- 1 white onion, diced small
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped (or 1 tbsp garlic powder)
- 2 pounds ground meat (beef, pork, or a mix)
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 can fire-roasted tomatoes, not drained (15 oz)
- 2-2.5 cups broth of choice (chicken, bone, or veggie)
- 1 can kidney beans (15 oz)
- 1 can pinto beans (15 oz)
- 1 can white beans (15 oz)
- 1 can pumpkin purée
- Optional Toppings: toasted pumpkin seeds, sliced jalapenos, shredded cheddar cheese, avocado, Greek yogurt, sour cream, cilantro
- In a stockpot or soup pot, heat 5 sprays of Chosen Foods Pumpkin Spice Spray (or avocado oil spray) over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion, garlic, and ground meat. Sauté for 8-10 minutes or until the meat is cooked through. Break the meat up with your spoon.
- Add chili powder, salt, tomatoes, and broth and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Finally, add the beans and pumpkin purée and simmer the soup for 5 more minutes.
- To serve, top with desired toppings and serve with pumpkin cornbread.