Craving a salad, but want something substantial? Try this Smoky Chipotle Salad recipe. Instead of mixed greens, we’ve opted for massaged Tuscan kale, roasted broccoli and fennel, which add a good crunch and tons of antioxidant phytochemicals. Roasted chickpeas bring plant-based protein and fiber, while Chipotle Ranch Dressing envelops the entire medley with bold, spicy flavor and rich creaminess.
Smoky Chipotle Kale Salad
Time: 30 minutes
- 1 can cooked chickpeas
- Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
- ½ cup Chipotle Ranch Dressing & Marinade, divided
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 bulb small fennel, sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale
- 1 medium avocado
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Drain the chickpeas and pat dry to remove excess water. Place chickpeas in a small bowl and add one teaspoon avocado oil and one tablespoon Chipotle Ranch Dressing and Marinade. Toss to combine, then spread on a lined baking tray in a single layer. Roast for 20-30 minutes.
- Place broccoli florets and sliced fennel on baking sheet, drizzle with avocado oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash and cut kale into bite-sized pieces. Place in a medium bowl, drizzle with avocado oil, and gently massage the leaves until soft and shiny.
- Remove the roasted broccoli and fennel from the oven. Using a pair of tongs, add them to the bowl of kale. Drizzle with Chipotle Ranch Dressing and toss.
- To serve, dish the salad into bowls top with crunchy chickpeas and avocado slices.