Thank you for joining us for Day 2 of the 3-Day Reset! Today, we focus on simple, quick, and delicious meals full of protein and healthy fats. Your morning begins with a hearty breakfast of Baked Eggs in Guajillo-Pasilla Chili Simmer Sauce with your choice of greens, cotija cheese, and cilantro. Lunch offers a lighter take on an old favorite—tuna salad with crunchy carrots and cucumbers in a lettuce, cabbage or coconut wraps. At dinnertime, whip up an easy, 30-minute sheet pan meal of baked salmon, sweet potatoes, and broccoli seasoned with your favorite Chosen Foods Dressing.
Baked Eggs in Guajillo-Pasilla Chili Simmer Sauce
Time: 20 minutes
This is one of those recipes that's so flexible, it doesn't have to be eaten for breakfast. Once you get the hang of it, you can use use whatever vegetables you have leftover in the fridge. It's the perfect weekend breakfast to serve when friends are over because it's so easy to make and looks beautiful.
- (2) 8 ounce ramekins or oven safe dishes
- 4 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup Chosen Foods Guajillo Pasilla Chili Simmer Sauce
- 1 cup roughly chopped greens (spinach, kale, chard)
- Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray
- Salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Optional Toppings: cotija cheese and/or chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat the bottom of ramekins or oven safe dish with Avocado Oil Spray.
- Evenly spoon the Simmer Sauce into both ramekins, then layer the greens on top.
- Crack the eggs right into the ramekins (or crack them into a measuring glass and pour in).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake about 15-18 minutes in the middle rack or until the yolks are cooked to your liking. Eggs will continue to cook once out of the oven in the ramekins, so be careful not to overcook.
- If using cotija and cilantro, sprinkle on top before serving.
Tuna Salad Wrap
Time: 10 minutes
- 6 ounces smoked fish or canned tuna (or sub organic tofu or tempeh as a vegan option)
- 3 tablespoons Chosen Foods Classic Avocado Oil Mayo
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small cucumber, diced small
- ½ cup sliced carrots or radishes
- 4-6 leaves of butter leaf lettuce, cabbage, or coconut wraps
- Optional toppings: avocado, sprouts, fresh herbs
- In a small bowl, mix the fish (or vegan protein of choice), mayo, vinegar (or lemon juice), and salt and pepper using a fork.
- Lay lettuce down, then top with the fish mixture, cucumbers, and carrots.
- Eat like a taco or wrap.
Simple Sheet Pan Dinner
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 (4-6 ounce) pieces of salmon, chicken or steaks (if vegetarian or vegan skip this and add in another veggie of your choice)
- Chosen Foods Classic Ranch Dressing or Chosen Foods Lemon Garlic Dressing
- 1 sweet potato, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2-3 cups broccoli, cut into large florets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- In a bowl, combine sweet potato, broccoli, and protein and evenly coat in the Chosen Foods Dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay out your protein and veggies on the baking sheet. (If you like them crispy, leave spaces in between to allow steam to escape.
Roast for 20 minutes or until your desired crispness, stirring/flipping halfway through. If your veggies are done first and the protein needs more time, just take the veggies out and put the protein back in to finish.
Note: The key to ensuring everything cooks at the same time is ensuring similiar sizes and thicknesses of the vegetables.