Looking for a healthy and delicious breakfast option that's easy to make ahead of time? Look no further than our berry baked oatmeal made with avocado oil. This simple recipe combines the benefits of avocado oil with the delicious flavor and texture of baked oatmeal, making it the perfect way to start your day.
Baked oatmeal is a great choice for breakfast because it's easy to prepare in advance and can be customized with a variety of ingredients. In this recipe, we've added fresh berries for a burst of sweetness and antioxidants, as well as avocado oil for a boost of good fats. Avocado oil is a great choice for baking because of its high smoke point and mild flavor profile.
Baked Berry Oatmeal
Time: 45 min
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup peanut or almond butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup plant based or regular milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 3 cup quick rolled oats
- ¼ cup Chosen Foods 100% Pure Avocado Oil
- ¼ cup flax seed meal
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¾ cup coconut flakes, divided
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup blueberries
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl or oven safe casserole, mash the banana. Add peanut butter, maple syrup, milk, vanilla extract, and a sprinkle of salt and give it a good whisk.
3. Add oats, avocado oil, flax, chia, half of the coconut and baking powder. Fold all the ingredients in and reserve the berries until the end to prevent them from getting mashed up.
4. Add berries and gently fold, press down into the baking dish or a 9”x13” baking pan and top with a few berries and the rest of the coconut flakes.
5. Bake for 40-45 min. Enjoy hot with a scoop of Greek yogurt or store 4-5 days in the fridge.
6. To re-heat you can bake the desired amount for 10-12 min at 350°F.